POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Keying 2 : Re: Keying 2 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keying 2
From: Ruy
Date: 25 Oct 2001 18:30:03
Message: <3bd8926b@news.povray.org>
"Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> escreveu na mensagem
> The process used to make them won't be able to put 3D objects into it.
Only
> embossed at best from what I understand.

If that is the case, then pardon my previous insistence. I only concluded
(wrongly, presumably) that if design #1 on the pov web page was possible,
then the casting process would allow for more 3D-ish designs.

> And where color is concerned that
> would be enamel in flat pools inset into metal borders or outlines.

Well, your first argument totally defeats the purpose of me proceding to
this next one, but I thought that we could use a different material. Setup
costs, though, I believe, would make it quite unfeasible.

Anyway, I _wish_ we could try to stray from what is common.

Ruy